My beautiful family

My beautiful family

Monday, May 18, 2015

Grant's First Visits to the Doctor

Dear Gage, Gabe and Grant,

Grant, when you were six days old we took you to Dr. Chris's office for a weight check. Since I'm breast feeding, the doctor wants to make sure you're gaining weight. The first weight check is usually done two days after discharge but since that was a Saturday, the doctor said it was fine to wait until Monday. When you were born you weighed 6 pounds 14.5 ounces. At the time of discharge, you weighed 6 pounds 3 ounces. When we took you in for your weight check you had gained 6.5 ounces and were up to 6 pounds 9.5 ounces. I was so happy that you were gaining weight. It's reassurance that we're doing something right.


I took you to see Dr. Chris on April 15 for your two week check up. You weighed in at a whopping 7 pounds 11 ounces and had grown to 20 3/4 inches (3/4 inches from birth). I am so happy with the progress you are making. You're growing and developing so well!

A little smile while we wait for Dr. Chris

I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment