My beautiful family

My beautiful family

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy Birthday, Momma!

Dear Gage and Gabe,

I celebrated my 30th (yikes! gasp!) birthday on January 19. I had to work, but that didn't stop the celebration. Overnight at work, Steve the clerk and Jerry the shift lead surprised me with a cupcake, complete with a candle, and a bag of frosted animal crackers. Samantha bought me a box of Mike and Ikes and shared some of her goodies. They must all know I have a serious sweet tooth! When I got home from work, you boys were still asleep so I went out for a nice 5 mile run. It was a great way to make up for all the junk I had eaten overnight!

Red Velvet cupcake from the WAG
After I got back from my run, it was time to get you boys out of bed. We played, read books and played some more. Gabe, you started to get sleepy, so for my birthday, you let me cuddle you while we watched cartoons. You ended up falling asleep in my arms, which was a rare treat! Such a sweet cuddle bug :)

Cuddle time with my boys :)
When I got up that evening for work, we had a house full of guests. Dows, KD, Granny and Sissy were all over to help me celebrate my birthday. Daddy made my favorite roasted vegetable pizza and surprised me with lemon lush for dessert. Gage, you insisted on helping me blow out my candles and unwrap my presents. Sissy got me a beautiful pair of earrings, Granny got me a picture frame and photo box and Daddy shocked me with a beautiful white gold and diamond necklace! It was absolutely stunning!

Mommy and my sweets

My beautiful necklace :)
By the time I finished opening my presents, it was time to head to work. Even though I am now an "Old Momma" according to you Gage, I enjoyed my birthday. It was so great to have everyone around to help celebrate.

I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment