My beautiful family

My beautiful family

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Dear Gage,

Last week, we celebrated your first Thanksgiving! I had to work on actual Thanksgiving Day, so we celebrated a little early with a family dinner on Sunday. Madeline, Granny Dowwoe, Auntie Weesha, Jett, Auntie NeeNee and Kady came over for a yummy dinner. We had quite a feast: Baked turkey, dressing, broccoli casserole, green bean casserole, chive mashed potatoes, marshmallow sweet potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts, cauliflower salad, stuffed mushrooms and rolls. Of all those wonderful things, you got to eat turkey, steamed broccoli, and sweet potatoes (minus the marshmallows and brown sugar). This was the first time you tried turkey and you really enjoyed it!


The yummy feast


Yay Thanksgiving!



Dessert table!

 On Thanksgiving Day, in between my naps, we went over to Granny and Grandpa Taulbee's house for another Thanksgiving feast. You ate green beans, corn, turkey and mashed potatoes. The mashed potatoes were a success this time around. Remember how you didn't like them several months ago? This time they were mixed with milk and butter and that seems to have made the difference!


Happy Thanksgiving!


Num Num!


It was such a great Thanksgiving week this year. This is a time to really reflect on all the things we are thankful for, and it goes without saying that you're on that list. Gage, I am so thankful to have you in my life. You have truly been a blessing to your Dada and me!

I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment