My beautiful family

My beautiful family

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Eins, Zwei, Drei

Dear Gage and Gabe,

When I was in High School, there were only two foreign languages offered. Because I have substantial German heritage, it only seemed right to learn the language of my ancestors. I developed a love for German that continued through college. I thoroughly enjoyed learning the language and the culture and ended up graduating with a minor in German. As much as I loved (and still do) the language, I haven't held a conversation auf Deutsch since graduation (I wasn't a strong speaker, but enjoyed it all the same). I want to pass this love along to you boys, so Gage we've started counting. I am so proud of how well you've picked it up! It took a while before you stopped laughing after each number (mostly fünf and acht), but you're doing very well! Sehr gut Gage, sehr gut!


Ich liebe dich,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment