My beautiful family

My beautiful family

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend 2015

Dear Gage, Gabe and Grant,

Boys, I have gotten pretty far behind with my letters to you. I apologize and will do my best to catch up. I'm glad I take my camera everywhere and take a ridiculous amount of photos, as without those, I wouldn't be able to remember all the things we did. Mom brain, you know.

So back in May, I started back to work after my maternity leave. I went back to work on May 18, but requested to have my work weekend off. My request was granted, so I worked Monday through Thursday and was off for 10 days! It just so happened to be Memorial Day Weekend and your Uncle Jeffy came in to town and stayed with us.

On Sunday afternoon Charlie and Mallory came over, and we went down to the creek to enjoy some swimming and fun.


 Grant was less than enthused to be down at the creek. Perfect nap spot!


Daddy took the fishing poles and he helped you boys cast and reel.


Uncle Jeffy had some good luck with his pole!




Daddy helped Jeffy take the little bass off the hook.

 
Gage, you were too scared to touch the fish.

On Monday, Brian and KD came over and joined us for a nice afternoon. All the kids had a blast playing on the four wheelers and the adults enjoyed playing cornhole.





Later that evening, I took Granny and Grant to Sissy's band banquet. She received a class plaque and was also inducted into the "Band Hall of Fame." It was great to see Sissy rewarded to her time and dedication to band. We are very proud of her.


 
 
I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment