My beautiful family

My beautiful family

Monday, November 17, 2014

Versatile Zucchini

Dear Gage and Gabe,

Every year since we've lived in this house we have planted a garden and every year I tell myself not to plant so much zucchini! It seems like we always have way too much and I can never think of enough ways to use it. We make zucchini bread, fried zucchini, stuffed zucchini, zucchini parmesan, zucchini crisp and this year I tried out some zucchini pancakes. Making these things may seem simple, but sometimes there are obstacles in the way.

Like the new puppy in the zucchini patch:

 
 

Or the broody sisters in the chicken coop:



Or you boys wanting to hold the mammoth zucchini:



Or having to crack all the pecans by hand:


And shred the mammoth zucchini (because there's not much else to do with them when they're that big):


But all the hard work pays off when these come out of the oven:

Zucchini Bread

Zucchini Crisp
And when these come off the griddle:


You boys loved the bread and pancakes. I'm pretty sure neither of you had any idea they contained zucchini, so it was a good way to sneak in some vegetables!

I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment