My beautiful family

My beautiful family

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mommy runs a(nother) 10K - 10/18/14

Dear Gage and Gabe,

I like to run the Medical Center's 10K Classic every year if I'm off work. It worked out that the race this year was on my off weekend, so I was excited to participate. I was a little hesitant about the race, since I would be nearly 16 weeks pregnant at the time. I'd been running before the big news and had actually started to train for the BG26.2 in November. I started cutting back on the miles since I was starting to feel some fatigue with the longer distances, but 6.2 miles wasn't out of reach. My doctor gave me the green light for the race, so I was ready to go.

I drove to the starting line solo and then Daddy brought you boys, Dows and KD to watch me finish the race. The weather was cool, but it was sunny and there wasn't rain like last year. This made the race much more enjoyable. The race ended at the 50 yard line of the football stadium, which was really neat. I finished with a time of 52:43 which was my second fastest 10K race. I was very proud and so glad to have you all there cheering me on!

I made this for the race

Running through campus with about 1/2 a mile to go

At the finish line

With KD and Dows

One of my biggest fans!

My other biggest fan
I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment