My beautiful family

My beautiful family

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Gabe and Grant get Baptized (4/29/16)

Dear Gage, Gabe and Grant,

Gage, when you were about 3 months old, Great Grandpa baptized you at St. Bernard's Catholic Church in Snake Run. This church is right across the road from Great Grandma and Great Grandpa's house and it was the church that I was baptized in when we lived in Indiana. When Great Grandpa baptized you on April 24, 2011, his health had already started to decline, so by the time you came along Gabe, he wasn't able to perform any of this duties as a deacon and had retired. I put off your baptism and then Grant, you were born.

I never stopped thinking about getting you boys baptized and after trying to work it out with the church we attend in Bowling Green, we just decided to talk to Great Grandma about having you all baptized at St. Bernard's. She talked to Father Ron and he was more than happy to help us out. When it came down to choosing Godparents, I couldn't think of a more perfect Godmother for you boys - Great Grandma! She was so thrilled to be asked and of course she agreed (Uncle Jeffrey is your Godfather, but he wasn't able to make it to the baptism).

On April 29, we made the drive up to Snake Run for the baptism. Grant, I dressed you in the gown your Granny Dows crocheted for Gage's baptism. You looked so cute in the white gown!

Rocking the crocheted baptismal gown
"Gabe Jaxson, I baptize you in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."



"Grant Jasper, I baptize you in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."


Anointing with holy oil
So happy to introduce the newest members of the Catholic faith.




We had such a wonderful day celebrating your baptisms!

I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment