My beautiful family

My beautiful family

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Women's Half Marathon

Dear Gage,

We went to Nashville this weekend so Mommy could run in her first half marathon since you were born.  Some girls that I work with at Walgreens created a team called the Pharm Phatales to compete in the Women's Half Marathon. When we got to Nashville last night we checked into the hotel and then headed down to the Convention Center to pick up my race bib, goodie bag and T-shirt. You have never been to such a big city, so you were staring at all the tall buildings and cheesing it up for the passersby. We carb loaded at a restaurant called Demo's and then settled in for the night.

Since the race started at 7am, I went with the girls to the starting line and let you and Dada sleep in. You both got up around 8 and made your way to the finish line. The weather was absolutely perfect for the 13.1 mile race. Clear skies and 65ºF. I completed the race with a time of 1:58:42 and was greeted by your smiling face. You are Mommy's biggest fan! Thank you for supporting me!


Mommy's biggest fan


My motivator!


Woot, woot Pharm Phatales!

I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment